Monday, February 11, 2008

Thom Browne's Crazy, Scary Suits

1st NW Quadrant\The Approval Matrix: Week of February 18, 2008



...Thom Browne’s black-and-white big top show, ... was set up as a one-ring circus in an asylum. The red-haired model George Allan barked, “Welcome to the craziest show on earth!” Kohl-eyed models stared down the front row as they circled. It was a bit “Sweeney Todd,” meets David Lynch, meets “Big Top Pee-wee.” I have to admire the impeccable craftsmanship of the clothes and the execution. I also marvel at the cost of the sample collection, which must have been huge. I thought the proportions were a bit on the crazy side. The short capes over jackets over shirts over pants reminded me of the well-known Viktor & Rolf show where the models wore multiple layers of clothing like Russian matryoshka stacking dolls. Other models wore high-waisted (nipple-grazing) trousers — dare i say, clown pants?
-- Bruce Pask\New York Times

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice site, nice and easy on the eyes and great content too.

Anonymous said...

Valuable info. Lucky me I found your site by accident, I bookmarked it.