Thursday, October 14, 2010

Justin Timberlake Doesn't Know When He'll Make Music Again

4th\NW Quadrant: The Approval Matrix

From EW

In a frank interview, Timberlake talks about coping with the pressures of the music industry and his choice to focus on his movie career for the time being:

EW: Are there people you work with who are telling you that you should put another record out sooner rather than later?

Timberlake: …Does a painter make a painting because he has to make it by December 21st? No, he doesn’t. It happens when it pours out of him. That’s how music is for me….

EW: Do you think it’s dangerous to wait so long? Christina Aguilera waited four years between albums, and her fans don’t seem to care about her right now.

Timberlake: If you’re asking me, no. I never stop making music. I don’t know what else to tell you, except that I just don’t know [in] what capacity I want to be involved anymore.

EW: That sounds very final.

Timberlake: No. All I’m saying is, in very simple terms, I’ll know when I know. And until I know, I don’t know.


No comments: