Saturday, July 19, 2008

Man Bitten by Poisonous Snake at Wal-Mart

4th\SW Quadrant: The Approval Matrix

A man is recovering after authorities say he was bitten by a snake inside a garden center at a Wal-Mart Supercenter in Pembroke Pines.

Authorities say the 42-year-old man was taken to the hospital Sunday for treatment, where he received antivenom for the pygmy rattlesnake bite. His name has not been released.

Miami-Dade Fire Capt. Ernie Jillson, who leads the agency's Venom Response Team, said the snake bit the man on the right hand. He said the team was contacted about the bite and responded.

Pygmy rattlers are one of six venomous snakes in Florida. Officials say bites from pygmy rattlers are painful, but are rarely fatal. -- Naples News

No comments: