Friday, May 2, 2008

Miley Cyrus "Vanity Fair" Shoot

4th\SE Quadrant The Approval Matrix



An apologetic Annie Leibovitz says the controversy surrounding Vanity Fair photographs, which feature Disney teen sensation Miley Cyrus, is a matter of interpretation.

The 15-year-old actress/singer posed for Leibovitz for the magazine's June issue, on sale in New York and Los Angeles on Wednesday and nationwide May 6. One waist-up shot shows Cyrus looking provocatively over her right shoulder, her back nude and breasts covered by her arms and shimmery fabric. Behind-the-scenes pictures from the shoot are posted at VF.com [or below].

In a caption with the image in the magazine, Disney's Hannah Montana star tells VF: "I think it's really artsy. It wasn't in a skanky way. Annie took, like, a beautiful shot, and I thought that was really cool. That's what she wanted me to do, and you can't say no to Annie. She's so cute. She gets this puppy-dog look and you're like, 'OK.' "

But by Sunday, Cyrus apparently had changed her mind. "I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be 'artistic' and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed," she said in a statement issued by her publicist, Jill Fritzo. "I never intended for any of this to happen, and I apologize to my fans who I care so deeply about."

Disney Channel also took the offensive by issuing a statement. "Unfortunately, as the article suggests, a situation was created to deliberately manipulate a 15-year-old in order to sell magazines."
-- USA Today

No comments: