Monday, February 14, 2011

Married Congressman Christopher Lee Tried to Meet a Woman on Craigslist

1st NW Quadrant: The Approval Matrix

From HP by Jean Macintosh

Upstate Rep. Christopher Lee abruptly quit his job yesterday after he was exposed trolling for an extramarital tryst on Craigslist -- using his real name and Gmail account.

In a mind-boggling blunder, the Buffalo-area Republican, who is married with a young son, responded to an ad in Craigslist's "women seeking men" section in DC. He claimed to be a "divorced" "lobbyist" and a "fit fun classy guy."

As proof, Lee sent along a cheesy photo of himself, flexing his muscles and posing shirtless in front of a mirror.

Lee's cover was blown when his would-be conquest did an Internet search, discovered he was lying, and sent the treasure trove of their correspondence to Gawker.com, which yesterday posted it online. Lee's staffers -- who initially suggested the lawmaker's e-mail had been hacked -- dodged media queries before announcing the resignation.

"I regret the harm that my actions have caused my family, my staff and my constituents," Lee said in the statement, which did not address the Craigslist bProxy-Connection: keep-alive
Cache-Control: max-age=0

uhaha. He later told Fox News Channel, "I gotta work this out with my wife."

1 comment:

Montana said...

The party of “Family Values” my ass, more like the “Party of hypocrites”. Poor Christopher Lee, at least he resigned! What about "hush money" Senator John Ensign (NV), and "diaper boy" Senator David Vitter (R-LA)! Too Funny!