Monday, October 6, 2008

Bloomberg is Running for Mayor Again

1st\NW Quadrant: The Approval Matrix


BY ADAM LISBERG\DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

The city needs him for four more years, Mayor Bloomberg said Thursday [October 2, 2008] - and anyone who doesn't like it should vote for someone else.

"Given the events of recent weeks and given the enormous challenges we face, I don't want to walk away from a city I feel I can help lead through these tough times," Bloomberg said.

"I want to give the voters a chance to decide if they want me at the helm. If voters don't like what they've seen, they will vote for someone else."

Bloomberg will ask the City Council next week to extend the city's term limits law to three terms from two, and insiders expect it to be rapidly approved - despite misgivings from some members and outrage from politicians whose plans for next year are in limbo.

No comments: