Thursday, March 10, 2011

Coco Crisp Arrested on DUI Charges

4th NW Quadrant: The Approval Matrix

From SFGate
Here is the [Oakland] A's statement: "Coco Crisp was arrested and detained early this morning under the suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol. He was released from the City of Scottsdale Jail this morning and arrived at Phoenix Municipal Stadium on time for team pre-game drills. The A's are aware of the situation and take such matters seriously. The team and Coco will have no further comment until further details are available."
From USA Today

"I'm just sorry (and) that sorry is genuine," Crisp said. "A lot of people look up to me and, obviously, this was a decision that was not the right decision. One thing I don't want to ever be -- and that I am right now -- I feel that I'm a distraction and the sooner this can get out of the clubhouse, the better.

"Obviously, I'm embarrassed. I don't want it to be a distraction for any other players who have to answer questions for myself."

No comments: