Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Kate Middleton Lacks Style, Says Vivienne Westwood

1st NW Quadrant: The Approval Matrix

From Stylelist by Beth Cooney

Scratch Dame Vivienne Westwood off the list of potential royal couturiers. (And quite possibly, the list of 1800 royal wedding invitations too.)

The blunt and eccentric British fashion designer has confirmed she's not in the running to make Kate Middleton's wedding dress. That's probably a good thing, because although she's British fashion royalty, she doesn't consider 29-year-old Middleton much of a style queen.

"I would have loved to have dressed Kate Middleton but I have to wait until she kind of catches up a bit somewhere with style," Westwood told The Daily Mail at her London Fashion Week show at the city's Royal Courts of Justice. "When people ask me where she's going to get the dress from -- she's definitely not going to get it from me, or I would have heard."

Getty/Ian Gavin

No comments: