Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pat's Papers is Running Out of Money


4th NW Quadrant: The Approval Matrix

From  Village Voice

We at the Voice have long been huge fans of Pat Kiernan ... who entertains us regularly with his "smartly selected U.S. newspaper stories" chronicled on his website, Pat's Papers, each day. Alas, today he writes:

I wish this was a cheery New Year's greeting, but I'll get straight to the bad news. As much as I love producing Pat's Papers each day, the website is a money loser. We've been steadily building our audience, so I've been patiently subsidizing the staff and production costs. But the end of the cash is near. I really don't want to shut the site down, but the traffic has to improve to generate enough ad revenue to make a dent in my costs.So I've declared this "Pat's Papers SOS" week. If you enjoy reading the site, we need your help.

He goes on to ask folks to tell five friends about the site and to sign up for his free morning email.






No comments: