Friday, September 3, 2010

Google's Eric Schmidt on Cyber Past

1st\NW Quadrant: Approval Matrix




Reading this article made me think of my "Young Folly" teen spirit days. And I have to say, I'm happy Facebook and Twitter weren't around.
-N

By Zoe Kleinman\BBC

Young people may one day have to change their names in order to escape their previous online activity, Google boss Eric Schmidt has warned. Mr Schmidt told the Wall Street Journal he feared they did not understand the consequences of having so much personal information about them online.

He said: "I don't believe society understands what happens when everything is available, knowable and recorded by everyone all the time... I mean we really have to think about these things as a society."
The firm has been busy bolstering its social networking presence recently. Many believe....the search giant is about to launch another social network. Some commentators have already given the rumoured product a name: Google.me.

No comments: