Sunday, August 10, 2008

Wildly Cherry M&M's

4th\SW Quadrant: The Approval Matrix


By Sera\Candy Addict

The Wildly Cherry M&Ms are really pretty to look at with an attractive crimson red package, showing a Red M&M hanging from a ripe bunch of cherries. Opening the package and letting all the candies spill out, the pieces are just as attractive, if not more so, than the packaging. The M&Ms come in two colors: a nice crimson (which isn’t a bright as the normal red color) and a maroon. Like the Razzberry M&Ms that were released last summer, these are a little larger than normal M&Ms and the sizing amongst them isn’t uniform.

How’s the flavor? I really, really, really like these. I can tell you exactly what they taste like: cherry cordials, on the nose. It’s not a cough syrup fake cherry flavor at all, but a sweet maraschino cherry instead. I think this was a good call on Mars’ behalf, since maraschino cherries aren’t exactly naturally flavored to begin with so it’s a much better flavor to mimic and pair as a chocolate flavor addition. The two colors, from what I can tell, taste the same. I kept alternating tasting the two and at some points I thought maybe the maroon was sweeter, but no, I think it’s all in my head.

So if you love M&Ms, even if you weren’t a Razzberry M&M lover like me, give these a shot.

No comments: