Wednesday, June 25, 2008

First-Ever Female Stephanie Wins "Top Chef"

1st\SE Quadrant The Approval Matrix

By Christopher Rocchio\Reality TV World

Stephanie Izard became Top Chef's first-ever female winner when she took home the Top Chef: Chicago title during last night's fourth-season finale broadcast on Bravo.

"It's real exciting being the first female to win Top Chef," said Stephanie after her victory was revealed. "I'm so glad that I was able to pull through. Finding out that after all this hard work and maybe doubting it a little bit, this is just a reaffirmation. This is what I'm meant to do in life."

The 31-year-old chef from Stamford, CT who currently resides in Chicago, IL claimed Top Chef: Chicago's grand-prize package of $100,000 in seed money to help open a restaurant; a feature in Food & Wine magazine; a showcase at the Annual Food & Wine Classic in Aspen; and a "gourmet dream vacation" in the French Alps.

"I won Top Chef! Holy s**t! Really?" said Stephanie after her victory was revealed. "This is the biggest thing that's happened in my life. My life is about to change. It's going to be absolutely insane."

No comments: